Monday, November 14, 2011

Youngistan Hamari Jaan !

Dear Blog Readers,

I had spent last so many year in the field of training and I think I might have interacted with close to 2000 + Brains now and of course at executive people 1000 + as of now . yesterday I had a session with young brigade after completing my session which is more about consumerism in India and metamorphism of young India. I got enthused to come once again on my blog after so many days and write more about youngsters.

I see a trend now a days everyday I read at least one article about India as a young market and Indian as young nation( people refer 60 % of the people below 35 years of age .. I hope different agencies who quote this have verified above fact and have done proper reliability and validity test). Every brand talks about their fitment with young audience . Some brand reshape their target ,some reposition their value statement. I wonder sometime is it a sheep run or well researched run ????? As i starting writing that I spend my days more with youngsters( although I still qualify one among them :-)), i think i have some understanding about them . I always use to say this our youngsters are more straight forward , more honest and more open, But I also say this they are overburden . people are overburdening them with their own vested interest. I feel bad when I see people reiterate that everything is in the hand of youngster's and time has come where youngster's have to change lot of things. Thought like this prompted me to ask are we saying that we have made a enough mess in the last so many years and please come and clean the mess. If we are saying so is it the right signal which we are giving it to them . They look for their role models, they also have their own life to enjoy and cherish. is it not overburdening them will distort lot of cognitive thought process. from Brand to leaders to society to normal person is asking them please deliver or people are asking them now or never .
I always during my session tell students when they make a power point presentation that "power should be there in the point and it should not be just a power point presentation " But youth ( including me ) can ask all the people who have raised expectation from them . Have you given me a typical power point of what went wrong and when it went wrong rather then saying what went right and when it went right .

I urge people to raise expectation but please be rationale in understanding that we can't expect each and everything from them . they also have freedom to live as they want . More important to say they are quite knowledgeable to decide what is right and what is wrong .

"Lets us not overburden them let us empathise and guide them" .....

No comments: